Simpren is based on the Direct3D engine. It requires DirectX 8.1 to
run and a DirectX supported video card is highly recommended.
Main features (as of version 0.04a) include:
- Rendering of textured surfaces (polygons)
- Rendering of textured objects (in X file format)
- Animation of objects and surfaces
- DirectInput movement (optional usage)
- Customizable controls (with in-built developer interface)
- Supports all DirectX texture formats as well as bmp and jpg
- Billboarded, double sided and transparent surfaces
- Simple Visual Basic initialisation and animation interface
- Multiple resolutions and colour depths
- Dynamic lights
- Automatic texture pooling
- 3D Text creatable at run-time
- Vector based fog
- Automatically lowers object detail at distances
- Multipass texturing
- Transparent textures
Simpren version 0.04a can be downloaded here.
Check out vbsampler.tripod.com
for Visual Basic samples, tutorials and projects.
Best viewed with at least 800x600x16 with Microsoft
Internet Explorer 6 or higher. Email Webmaster